What better way to welcome the warm sun with this fun, cute and easy diy watermelon doormat? Follow our how-to guide to bring a little color right onto your front porch!
Supplies for diy watermelon doormat:
- Use scissors to cut your sponge in a triangle with a rounded edge on the bottom and a “C” shape (one that matches the length of the rounded edge.)
- Separate three plates. On the first two plates, put green and black paint. Use the third plate to add the pink color.
- Using the triangle-shaped sponge, dip one side in the pink paint and place it on the doormat, pressing down firmly.
- Take the “C” shaped sponge and dip it in the green paint. Place it above the rounded side of the triangle to create a watermelon slice.
- Repeat until you have created your desired pattern. Let dry and apply a second coat of paint.
- Using a paintbrush and the black paint, paint black seeds on your watermelon slices!
- Let dry completely before placing your diy watermelon doormat on your porch!
By Renee Castro