BY RENEE CASTRO
There is no other feeling like snuggling up on the couch in a blanket and sipping on a cup of hot cocoa. But, can’t you agree that you are so over the stuff that sells at the store for a few bucks and then you mix it with water? Don’t you think you’d enjoy that marshmallow-filled mug if it were full of your own creation? Let’s make some hot chocolate!
-We like to make ours in a crockpot or slow cooker. If you keep the cooker on warm, you can keep the cocoa in there for about four hours, but make sure to watch over it. Whatever you have left over, seal it in a container and keep it refrigerated! Reheat as needed for about four days from the make date.
¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup of milk chocolate chips
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
6 cups of milk
1 bag of mini marshmallows
1 can of whipped cream
1 square of bakers chocolate (semi-sweet)
*For a little extra holiday cheer, I like to add 1 tbsp of peppermint extract
- Stir together the milk (both), whipping cream, vanilla and cocoa powder.
- Add in the two cups of chocolate chips.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes with the whisk until the chocolate chops are melted and the drink is hot.
- About 30 minutes before you serve, switch the setting to warm.
- Stir before serving.
- Garnish with marshmallows, whip cream and chocolate curls or candy canes! (For the chocolate curls, use a cheese grater with the bakers chocolate!)