By Renee Castro
Memorial Day Weekend is upon us, hooray!! With the much-anticipated long weekend around the corner, we’re here to help you scramble some last minute plans if you’re really eager to get out of town. Check out our getaway ideas and plan that mini vacation, you and your kids deserve it!
- Walt Disney World Resort
- If you have the time, money and the patience for Disney World, then I suggest hitting the park for MDW. You can usually find great Florida resident deals on the surrounding hotels and the parks are pretty much at a normal summer weekend capacity. Disney also offers the Discover Disney ticket to Florida residents that allows you to purchase a 3-day ticket for $59 per day plus tax, or a 4-day ticket for $49 per day plus tax. The bonus is, you don’t have to use your days consecutively and the ticket is good until June 30, 2019. Act quickly on this offer! It is only available for purchase through June 27, 2019.
- Universal Studios Resort
- If Harry Potter peaks your interest more than Mickey Mouse, travel to Universal Studios for another great Florida resident offer that’ll blow your socks off. For purchase through June 28, 2019 you can buy a 2-day, one park per day ticket, for $179.99, and receive two extra days free! This ticket does have block out dates and restrictions, however, the tickets are good through December 20th, 2019 and don’t have to be used consecutively!
- Crescent Beach
- If you’re more interested in a relaxing, laid back MDW, then head to Crescent Beach. Just south of St. Augustine (which makes for another small, fun trip), the beach is a place where you can relax in the sand and enjoy the peace of the ocean. Crescent Beach is a small community with only a little bit of commercial development! Rent a beach cottage and stay the weekend.
- For a mini road trip, head to Atlanta, Georgia and set out on an adventure! In Atlanta, head to the Georgia Aquarium, tour CNN studios or hit up Six Flags! You can also go shopping at some pretty amazing malls with stores you don’t get here in Gainesville. Atlanta is one of my favorite, close cities to visit because there is just so much to do!
- Tampa is another close city that holds a lot of fun. Visit Busch Gardens and get on the new roller coaster, Tigris! It’s Florida’s tallest launch coaster and will leave you with a crazy adrenaline rush. You can also visit the bay, take a small weekend cruise or visit the beach! There is definitely something for everyone in Tampa, so if you haven’t been yet- venture over for MDW!