Sometimes you just need an afternoon at home with the kids, but when the TV has been on for hours, it’s time to whip out the crafting supplies. Instead of letting them sit on the couch all day, DIY your summer with these crafty DIYs.
DIY Smores Pot… If you’re feeling hungry
- 1 medium-sized terra cotta pot
- 1 roll of tin foil
- 10-15 pieces of charcoal
- 1 lighter
- Milk chocolate
- Graham crackers
- Line terra cotta pot with tin foil.
- Fill pot with charcoal.
- Light and start roasting marshmallows.
DIY Painted Rocks… If you want something simple
- Rocks (from the backyard or a craft store)
- Assorted paints
- Paper plates
- Set your kids up with several rocks each and the paint colors of their choice.
- Put the rocks on paper plates to keep your table clean. (This will make sure you don’t have a huge mess to clean up while you are trying to DIY your summer!)
- After painting, let dry.
DIY Bird Feeders… If you want to see more wildlife around your house
- Peanut butter
- Bird seed
- String or fishing Line
- Tie fishing line around center of pinecone.
- Lather pinecone with peanut butter. Roll or sprinkle with bird seed.
- Hang off tree branch, and grab your bird book!
DIY Summer Rag Wreath… If it’s “me time”
- A wire wreath form (found at craft stores)
- ¼ yard of 3 different summer fabrics
- Cut fabric into strips that are 3 inches wide and 8 inches long. Lay wire wreath flat on workspace.
- Take 1 strip of fabric, fold in half and place it under one wire. Pull ends through and make a knot.
- Repeat this process over and over, alternating your different fabrics. Push them together as you add more to create a full look. Repeat until wreath is full.